Friday 20 December 2013

Christmas arrives at LLCCM!

Today I am not feeling well. I'm even missing dance class! (even after my success on Tuesday at actually getting both the steps and the arms right, amidst cheering and applause from all the other guys there). Miri and Libby have gone without me, and left me with alone with my runny nose, sore throat and achy joints, to update my blog and drink hot chocolate. Luckily, my advent present from Libby yesterday was two handkerchiefs, one with a special message on and one plain to decorate!


 All those times I turned my nose up (literally) at your handkerchiefs, and you were right all along, Dad. I am officially a handkerchief convert.

Anyway, today we accompanied Miri to LLCCM to help decorate it for Christmas. It was a pretty quiet day since the children are coming to celebrate on Monday, but we had a couple of helpers and we were soon busy making paper chains and a 'Merry Christmas' banner.




Miri's German Christmas biscuits definitely went down well! 

I mainly stuck to making paper chains, since I was feeling under the weather I felt more up to a menial repetitive task that required minimal creativity! But the other guys created some absolutely fantastic decorations that will surely be dug out for many more Christmases to come. 









It didn't go unnoticed by the LLCCM goat either...


 The only problem was tidying up at the end - we had made such a mess!


I can't wait to go to LLCCM on Monday for their Christmas celebrations and see the children's reaction to the colourful decorations. Christmas in Africa is completely different, and so it is always exciting to exchange cultural practices and try and learn more about each others celebrations.Thanks LLCCM for allowing us to decorate your hall and helping us spread some Christmas cheer. 

Oh and on the way home, we spotted this: (photo courtesy of Libby)


Oh hey chickens taking a ride on a lorry. This is Africa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment