Saturday 2 November 2013

Dufatishiriza Imbabura?

BIG NEWS: So we managed to set up Libby's laptop as a wifi hotspot so now we can both be on the internet at the same time (thank you computer expert Jon from the UK).

It's SO hot here which means I already have tan lines on my feet from my Toms - I now have half white and half tanned feet (and it's definitely not dirt!). 

Here are some photos of the house: 




I have learnt some Kinya-Rwandan: Dufatishiriza Imbabura? which roughly means Could you help us make a stove? which we ask Nyamaza the house-keeper when we need to cook. Normally he just laughs at us when we try and speak Kinya-Rwandan but this morning he didn't so maybe I'm making progress (or maybe he's resigned himself to the fact I will never be able to speak it). 

Last night we went to our first RVCP meeting, their general committee meeting they hold every week. It was at the medicine department of the university - a lot of RVCP members study either medicine or pharmacology. The meeting was really interesting, as we heard about what activities RVCP members had been doing in the week with their projects. Trying to remember everyone's names and what their role is in RVCP is pretty much impossible at the moment cause there are so many people we have met in the past day or so, but we're having a big welcome party tonight at our house with all the members so hopefully that'll help. Since the house is actually really small I have no idea how people will fit in but it'll be fun! 

Gonna go and get myself some sun, I can't wait to be bronze and blonde-haired again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment