Thursday 21 November 2013

What's happened over the past few days?

Not a great deal, except for parasites, ice-cream, Satay, Computer Club, planning training for the RVCP committee and us all having the same song in our heads every waking minute.

Poor Miriam has been ill over the last few days, with Amoeba. It's quite funny actually because all our Rwandan friends are like 'Oh it's not bad at all' while us Westerners are like 'OH MY GOSH that's terrible'. It actually did sound really awful but at least it wasn't malaria. I haven't been ill at all yet, but seeing as just the tiniest bit of dirty water or bad food could make us very sick, I guess it's a bit of a waiting game before it's my turn...

On a brighter note, here's a picture of Computer Club which is currently happening right now. We're planning our first training session for RVCP, which will be a recap on Communication Tools (Handover Documents, GoogleDocs, Communication Protocol and Communication Logs). (Actually, right now, Libby and Miri are doing work, I am blogging. They think I'm also doing work...).


The guy in the background is Nyamwasa, our housekeeper, sweeping the floor. I think it's the first time I've seen him without his woolly hat on. He's great at doing his job as far as cleaning and helping us make stoves is concerned, but he also brings his friends into the house and shows them round (which is a bit strange) and peers through the windows when it's dark which is ridiculously terrifying. We try and talk to him in Kinyarwandan but we only ever get 'yego' (yes) or a laugh in return. But we're going to keep trying and I will let you know when we get a response...
Yesterday we went to Inzozi Nzizi for coffee and ice-cream (charitable, guilt-free ice-cream!) and last night we had Satay for supper. It was incredible. I was definitely going to take a photo of the end result but I was too hungry and only remembered I wanted to take a photo once I'd finished it. Here's a picture of Libby and the BBQ Pit anyway 


And here's a picture of the leftovers (which looks totally disgusting actually but smells incredible). 




And finally, we've all had this (really terrible)
song in our head CONSTANTLY. They love stuff like this here.



No comments:

Post a Comment